Friday, October 24, 2008

Miscommunication

Our blog topic for this week is miscommunication. Interestingly enough, this was also a problem for our group this week. Last week we had discussed each of our parts for the proposal we had to submit. We had outlined that the rest of the group would write their parts and email them to me by friday night. I was tasked with writing up a coverletter and summary of the project and putting the parts together into one cohesive presentation. Apparently there was some miscommunication in there. By friday night I had only recieved one of the three parts I was supposed to. The rest of the team was missing in action and didn't send their individual parts. I didn't hear from them again until sunday, when I recieved one of the remaining two parts (I never did recieve the last part). Obviously this made my job difficult as I was forced to make a summary of our project without an introduction or a conclusion written. This resulted in a mess of confusion and the re-writes of several parts of the paper. This could easily have been prevented had people understood the word 'Friday'. Another easy prevention would have been if the missing group members had checked their emails when I asked them again for their parts of the proposal and stressed the fact that I had not recieved them yet. In order to fix miscommunication, there needs to be communication.

No comments: